How to make All Natural Body Butters
Body butters are easy to make using 3-4 main ingredients. They do not require any special jars or containers and the ingredients are easy to find. They quickly absorb leaving your skin smooth, soft and moisturized. You can scent them with your favorite fragrance or leave them unscented. Or you can get creative and add essential oils that promote specific benefits such as lavender for minor skin problems and irritations or a citrus essential oil for that much needed energizer in the morning. Body butters make wonderful inexpensive gifts for family, friends and co-workers. You can get the ingredients from your grocery store, on-line craft store or a craft store in your area.
- 3 ounces olive oil
- 3 ounces butters (Shea, mango, cocoa, etc.)
- 1 ounce bee’s wax
- 4 drops of fragrance oil
Things you will need:
- Stove or hot plate
- Small pot
- Jar or small glass container with lid
- Measuring cup
- In a small pot on low heat melt the oils and bees wax.
- Remove the melted oils from the stove and stir to mix well. The butters will start to turn opaque when they have begun to cool.
- At this point stir in fragrance oil and whisk to mix well.
- Pour into jar or container, using the spatula to scrape the sides of the pot and apply the lid.
NOTE: The bee’s wax acts as a preservative, but using a cosmetic spatula or Popsicle stick will keep your butter from becoming contaminated with germs from your fingers.
Visit http://www.grandmaandmesoaps/Products.com to see all the wonderful products I make.
Article Source: EzineArticles.com